Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Are you ready to receive?



I’ve said from time to time that yoga starts when you take what you learn on the mat off the mat into your everyday life.  Over the past year it has become clear what my gifts are and who I am meant to serve.  I know that I need to get out into the community and spread my message of Yoga AS Therapy.  To do this I started calling other providers like chiropractors and various Integrative Medicine providers offering to speak to their clients and patients about Yoga.  But, no one is calling back or responding to my follow up emails.  I feel like I have been forcing things so I spent some time over the past few days asking questions around what I can do reach and help more people.  I also backed off a little on the DOING, and instead focused on being open to receive.  I began to think about what it is like when I practice my yoga.  I am fully present in my body.  I listen to it, feel it, and enjoy it.  I noticed that when I was calling and “doing” I was thinking about the end result rather than being present in each conversation.  I was striving and grasping for that end result.  Today after backing of on the doing and being more present in each moment, with each client and in each class, some connections came to me effortlessly and in unexpected ways.  A good friend talked with her hairstylist and he may become a client.  Another client of mine talked to her chiropractor yesterday and today that chiropractor called her to get my information so he could refer a patient.


I wondered how many of you have experienced something similar in your life.  You work hard and grasp for that end result only to find yourself exhausted and wondering why after all your work it hasn’t come.  But then when you decided to relax around how you expected it to come, all of a sudden it arrived just not in the way you had imagined.  Maybe if what you are grasping for hasn’t arrived yet it is because there is something you are meant to witness, learn, absorb or process in order for you to be fully ready to receive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment