Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pumpkin hummus...


I just made this great pumpkin hummus that I had to share.  It's very smooth and creamy even without the tahini which you find in most traditional hummus recipes.

1 small garlic clove
1 15oz can garbanzo beans
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

Put all these ingredients into a food processor or Vita Mix and you're done.  If you're not a big fan of pumpkin I would only use 1/2 can of the pumpkin puree.

Put on rice crackers, Ezekial bread, veggies, salads, and more...

Get creative and let me know how you use hummus.

2 comments:

  1. I love making hummus! It is so easy. Thanks for this variation, Janet. Have you ever tried it with sweet potatoes or butternut squash? My favorite was when I roasted a Kabacha squash and used some in the recipe. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great ... I love Kabacha squash. I had a hard time finding that this season around here. Thanks for your ideas!

    ReplyDelete