Sunday, February 2, 2014

Experiencing life from the soul...


I have experienced a deep and profound transformation these past two years.  My journey of diving deeply into yoga and becoming a teacher and yoga therapist has allowed me to connect with that deepest part of me, the true me, my soul.  I am finally living most every minute of every day in the present moment.  You may have read about this before in books or experienced it briefly yourself, but let me give you a glimpse into what this means for me.  Yesterday it snowed and a year ago I would have just thought about what a pain the snow is and I’m sick of it.  But yesterday, I was so happy to see the snow and a little warmer temperature.  I felt like a kid again experiencing snow for the first time.  Yes, that is exactly what it felt like … that I was finally living from my soul.  This soul that had been so patiently waiting for me to discover it.  I was finally living from it so it seemed as though it was the first time my soul was experiencing snow.  When we got home after teaching yoga, working out and then grocery shopping.  My soul was longing to get outside and feel the air, smell the snow, walk it in, play in it, and yes, even shovel it.  My husband stopped the car and normally he gets out and shovels a path for us to drive the care up the driveway.  But this time I was excitedly ready and when he stopped the car I exclaimed, “I want to shovel the snow!”  I jumped out of the car, ran up the driveway and hurriedly grabbed the shovel and began.  I was so happy shoveling the snow.  I’ve never felt like this before.  It is as if I am alive for the first time … I am living from my soul and it is having a ball.  I hope I have captured this moment and what I mean by living from my soul for you.  This is why I am teaching yoga so that I can help others connect with their soul and experience each moment from that place.  When we live from this place life is pure joy and we relish in each moment.  I want to invite you to experience yoga, experience deeply breathing, experiencing shutting out the world and all those racing thoughts, experience hearing what your soul has to tell you and then beginning to listen, trust and take action.  This is why I became a yoga therapist … so that yoga will become a part of everyone’s life … as that vehicle to connect them with their true self, their soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment