Thursday, April 10, 2014

What is your story and are you willing to give it up?



What is the story that keeps playing in your head?  What is the story that keeps you stuck?  What is the story that keeps you from living the life of your dreams?

These were just a few of the many stories that kept playing in my head…


Work is hard.  Work that pays well is not fun.  Get a job based upon what is in demand.  You can’t make a living in the field of art or doing anything really creative.  

These stories and beliefs kept me from being truly happy.  Oh, I had numbing moments of happiness … like watching a movie, eating chocolate, spending a day with a friend, exercising endlessly for that high I would get.  I did all of these things to numb the fact that I was not happy with how I spent most of my life.  And where do we spend most of our lives?  At our jobs or in our careers.  I was so afraid to face my unhappiness and confront my story that I almost lost my health and my relationship with the man I love.  Why do we think it is easier to stay in what we know even if we know it is slowly killing us?  I finally listened after hitting the wall and being so desperate that I knew I had to face my fears in order to get healthy and live again.  I trusted my inner guidance with the support and encouragement of my husband, many friends and two wonderful women who became my life coaches.  The steps I took did not at times make logical sense, but in the end they lead me to discover my gifts, talents and desires.  I am now a yoga therapist and health coach working with women and men to navigate life change, manage health challenges, or just learn tools to create a healthy body that moves with ease.  I love my life!  I love every minute of every day.  I wake up feeling so grateful and so blessed.  So I encourage you to look at the stories that keep playing in your head.  Ask yourself if they are serving you.  If they are not serving you then let them go and start creating a new story based on what you would love.  I am here to talk or help you in any way I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment