Saturday, August 17, 2013

What do you need to let go of...

I've completed module one of my yoga therapy training.  I have learned so much and can share and help everyone even more now.  My time here has also uncovered some baggage from my past that is not serving me that I need to let go of.  I am becoming the woman who owns a healing center and shares her gifts with others and this baggage can't go with me.  I was born deaf in one ear and have nerve deafness in the other.  Because of this I don't hear things, I feel left out and very different.  I've been trying to fit in my whole life, trying to be someone I'm not.  I thought I had gotten over that but it became apparent during the past two weeks that I have not.  I talked about this with my coach and mentor Kate.  We decided that I would write this out on a rock and release it in the labyrinth here at Kripalu by the Buddha statue.  So I started my walk looking for just the right rock.  On the way I found two.  On one I wrote out what I need to let go of "fitting in" and on the other I wrote an intention "I fully accept and love myself.  I am special and unique and I will bring great gifts to the world."  I placed the intention rock at Swami Kripalu meditation garden.  It is a beautiful round path in the woods.  The path is in an oval shape with rocks marking it and benches dedicated in people's memories.  I took the second rock, walked the labyrinth and left the other rock with Buddha at the larbyrinth.  On my walk I also found a part of a tree branch perfectly shaped like a boomerang.  It symbolizes to what we give out in life we get back.  I am going to paint it and date it for today and where I was.  It will be placed in my yoga studio as a reminder to always act mindfully.  I also picked these flowers on my way back from the labyrinth.  My room mate and I need some color in our room.

Hope you enjoyed the post ... Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment